On June 1-2, 2018, at Riga Sport Sailing Center the 15th stage of the international humanitarian mission “The Sails of the Spirit” took place. On the first day MOTUS VITA participants met team members, professional yachtsmen, had safety education and training, performed a trial sail in. And the regatta itself with the participation of three yachts was scheduled for the 2nd of June. Persons with disability became full valid team members and followed the instructions of the yacht captains. Involvement into the common activity made everyone happy! For all the participants with disability this was the first sailing experience in life.
It is a well-known fact that physical health is closely related to our inner condition. To manage emotions is also much easier if you understand yourself, your abilities and possibilities, as well as your complexes and psychological barriers. The more we learn to know ourselves, the higher is our self-confidence. And this ground helps to a great extent to get surrounded by an interesting social network and to realize our potential in the chosen field!
With the support of the Latvian Association of Ergotherapists we have planned to organize a cycle of seminars on safety and comfort in everyday life for persons with special needs.
The seminars shall comprise an exhaustive scope of information about the possibilities to receive and to use technical aids taking into account factors of falling and trauma risks.
Riga Stradins University Ergotherapy program’s students and members of the students’ subdivision of the Latvian Association of Ergotherapists Sabīne Mikulāne, Anita Gžibovska, and Jana Bagņana informed MOTUS VITA members and other participants about circulation system of technical aids, alternatives of receiving technical aids, and main prevention principles. Practicing ergotherapists Toms Bērants and Aleksandrs Grjadovojs also took part in the seminar in order to provide answers to the questions.
“I don’t believe!” – this phrase of the famous Russian theatre director, theorist and teacher Stanislavski is known to every theatre lover. But how is it possible to make not only Stanislavski, but also surrounding people to believe you? What do we need for this? What is disturbing us? This is exactly the “secrets” that we try to reveal at acting classes together with theatre teacher Tatjana Čerkovska and stage director Andrejs Garkavi (STADIA Art Platform).
On January 25 and on February 13, 2018, the Training Centre of the Riga International Airport hosted a seminars for the airport’s employees working directly with passengers. The main purpose of seminars was to provide useful information to the staff regarding the ways of ensuring maximum comfort and safety to the passengers with special needs.
On December 3rd, 2017, a charity event “Colourful paws” was held in the pet centre Dino Zoo Pasaule. Latvian artists and dog handlers from the association Bezvests.lv together with their pets, search and rescue dogs, participated in the event. The organizer of the event – the association for people with special needs MOTUS VITA.
“I want to be understood”, “I want to be an interesting interlocutor” – we hear such phrases quite often. Social certainty means even more to people with special needs. It is in this purpose that the Association MOTUS VITA has started its cooperation with the Theatre Studio STADIA. With the support of the Charity Foundation of Boris and Inara Teterevs, various events take place all over the year 2017, thus contributing to development of communication, acting and public speaking skills.
On July 19th, at 18.00 at the premises of the HAPPY ART MUSEUM an evening with the composer and theatre producer Boris Levi was organized by the association MOTUS VITA. Some friends of Boris also participated in the event – theatre producer and lecturer Aba Gercbah and writer Sergejs Cernikovs.
The world-famous PRADO museum presented several masterpieces from its collection for an exhibition at the Art Museum Riga Bourse from March 25 to July 16, 2017. MOTUS VITA members are very grateful to the Boris and Inara Teterev Foundation which offered us an opportunity to enjoy the paintings of the great authors. The twelve masterpieces are delighting the eyes of millions of visitors of the largest Spanish museum for years. It is for the first that that owing to the support of Boris and Inara Teterev the paintings are exhibited in the Baltic region. This is the gift of the benefactors for the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Latvia.
- Concert by Olesya Rostovskaya. Thereminvox
- Laughter Therapy Master Class
- "Motus Vita" received an honorary diploma in the nomination "Social Campaign"
- Theatre Art Classes
- MOTUS VITA Event in the Frame of the ART RIGA FAIR 2016 Festival
- Meeting with the Actress Tatjana Lukashenkova
- Series of master-classes in public speaking by Jurijs Kushpelo
- Award by the Boris and Ināra Teterev Charity Foundation
- The World of Theater
- My Four-Legged Friend
- Theatre Art as Way of Living
- What is Theater Like?
- The Association MOTUS VITA Awarded in “Social Campaign” Nomination
- Art brut. Joy of creativity
- Contemporary Art Exhibition. Arts Programme TÊTE-À-TÊTE 2015
- Poetry of music
- Festive evening in the Baltic Beach Hotel
- Excursion to Pure Chocolate
- The 11th International Nordic ALS/NMD Alliance Conference
- Fairy Tale Therapy II
- Humanitarian Help From “Humanity For Good” Foundation
- The Magnetism of Provence
- Award for the development of personality
- Fairytales therapy
- Our first Bibliotherapy meeting
- Winter tale
- Motus Vita Art Exhibition
- MOTUS VITA Birthday
- From Art Therapy to Art Brut
- Association of people with special needs “Motus Vita” held a round table's discussions
- Humanitarian gift from Belgium
- So many questions are waiting to be answered
- Day of Beauty
- 21th Annual Meeting International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations
- Help for children
- New home for Motus Vita society
- International Music Festival “Summertime – Inese Galante invites”, Jurmala 2013
- Summer Camp "Challenge 6" , 2013 . "Wings for Wheels".
- Exhibition in Riga Congress House
- International Day of rare diseases.
- The collaboration agreement with the society "Time Bank" is signed.
- Learning English at the beginners level
- Visit to the opera
- 20th Annual Meeting International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations
- Auction of organization MOTUS VITA artworks
- An art exhibition MOTUS VITA in s/c Galleria Riga.
- VII conference of Northern ALS/MND Alliance "Baltic bridge"
- „Work honors its doer”
- How to practically impact policy of disability
- How to practically impact policy of disability
- Summer camp “Challenge 5”, 2012. “Wings for Wheels”.
- Visit to Iceland
- Program: technical auxiliary aids.
- International Festival of Social Short Films "The Naked King".
- Charity concert in Riga Congress.
- Meeting with the European Association of rare diseases EURORDIS
- The exhibition at the Riga Duma.
- The meeting with Dinamo Riga.
- Camp in Talsi
- A trip to Rundale
- Boris Batyrev
- A trip to Jekabpils
- Creative Showcase
- Trip to Sigulda