On December 3rd, 2015, the awarding ceremony of the contest “Year’s Award in Supporting the Persons with Disability” took place. The contest was organized by the Office of the Ombudsman of the Republic of Latvia Juris Jansons in cooperation with the National library of Latvia and Organization of people with disability and their friends “Apeirons”. Both small and large non-governmental organizations were awarded.
The jury has reviewed 52 applications in the 7 following nominations:
- Nomination “The Loudest Voice”;
- Nomination “Contribution to Employment”;
- Nomination “Contribution to Digital Integration”;
- Nomination “Service Provider”;
- Nomination “Contributor to Education”;
- Nomination “Social Campaign”;
- Nomination “Protection of Children with Disability”.
The Association MOTUS VITA has been awarded in the nomination “Social Campaign”.
The jury included Andris Vilks, Director of the National library of Latvia; Ivars Balodis, Chairman of the Board of the Organization of people with disability and their friends “Apeirons”; Rūta Dimanta, Head of Charity Foundation “Ziedot.lv”; opera singer Evita Zālīte; Aija Barča, Chairperson of the Social and Employment Matters Committee of the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia; Latvian Radio journalist Aidis Tomsons, and Juris Jansons, Ombudsman of the Republic of Latvia.